Alejandro SABELLA will be travelling across Europe to meet with Argentine players.
In a recent interview, SABELLA stated that he has 70% of the list of players already for the World Cup. In the upcoming few weeks, the search for the remaining 30% will start as he will be travelling in Europe to meet with players. SABELLA will be attending Sampdoria vs. Roma in Italy. The big news out of this is he will be meeting with Mauro ICARDI and should ICARDI agree to play with Argentina (which he has said he would like to), he could be called-up for next months matches. It's also possible that he meets with Nicolas BURDISSO. Erik LAMELA is the other player who will likely be meeting with SABELLA. It's being reported that LAMELA could be seen as a possible back-up for DI MARIA.
SABELLA will also be attending two Champions League matches. Valencia vs. PSG (Ever BANEGA, Pablo PIATTI, Tino COSTA, Javier PASTORE and Ezequiel LAVEZZI are the Argentine players on those two teams) and Real Madrid (Angel DI MARIA and Gonzalo HIGUAIN) vs. Manchester United. The following day, Atletico Madrid plays against Rubin Kazan in the Europa League. Cristian ANSALDI and Emiliano INSUA are the two which SABELLA could talk to.